If you’re after a more-in-depth look at some films and/or filmmaking techniques more than just a quick take on the films as we watch them, please have a look at our Film Analysis page.
WHAT WE THINK:
– Enjoyable to watch.
JUST A FEW WORDS:
A great rhythm and pace make this film thoroughly enjoyable – it’s usually really hard to keep audience attention this long when you have one character. Very interesting use of different audiovisual devices. Good performance by James Franco, you really root for him. And then, the Sigur Ròs song happens….
- Performance by James Franco.
- Use of different devices.
- Great tension.
- A Sigur Ròs tune (!!).
- Almost a physical response to the film.
- Dramatization of the facts for entertainment purposes.
- The awful shot of the energy drink – a proper ad.
- As often happens with some of Boyle’s films, you start wondering what’s beyond the clean, polished, almost music tv videoclip and you end up in a territory where you don’t want to be.
What do you think of this film? Please leave a comment below and let us know!
See all photos >>