If you’re after a more-in-depth look at some films and/or filmmaking techniques more than just a quick take on the films as we watch them, please have a look at our Film Analysis page.
WHAT WE THINK:
– (Sadly) Not good enough.
JUST A FEW WORDS:
We really wanted to like this film. The premise seemed incredibly interesting. The challenges of such a situation were a display of ambition and this is the kind of cinema we usually like. But, other than an interesting Hitchcock-esque tone, there is really too little. And the script? Is it really a strong point of the film? Again, we do understand the challenges, unfortunately we didn’t like the ways found to overcome these challenges.
- Challenging Filmmaking.
- Political and social critique.
- A grade of claustrophobia – especially in the ending when there’s finally a glimpse of hope.
- A cellphone? Ok. A reception – six feet under? Very weird. An hour and a half on the phone with the battery still alive? It definitely wasn’t a smartphone.
- 2 medium shots? from where?
- An unfortunately poor script in places: for instance, the way he figures out the language thing on the phone?
- Too good of a premise makes a higher fall.
What do you think of this film? Please leave a comment below and let us know!
See all photos >>