If you’re after a more-in-depth look at some films and/or filmmaking techniques more than just a quick take on the films as we watch them, please have a look at our Film Analysis page.
WHAT WE THINK:
– Such a great film!
JUST A FEW WORDS:
Where to start from with this one: another one of our all-time favourite films.
The power of stories, no matter how good or bad, just stories. Some of the shots are so close to the actual ones, yet, these are not judged terribly as they were in the actual films. Tim Burton transforms a duckling (that ugly?) into a swan. And then you have Bela Lugosi and some gothic atmosphere when he’s around! What more can you want?
- A look at a different cinema: one that is not so polished but that shares the very same dreams of the A-Movies.
- Black and White Cinematography.
- The first scene and the opening credit sequence.
- Bela Lugosi vs Boris Karloff.
- Orson Welles!
- Some great lines.
- Maybe it needs a bit of background info on Bela Lugosi and Ed Wood.
What do you think of this film? Please leave a comment below and let us know!
See all photos >>